Technology has made it possible for people to have many options for weight loss and having the body of their dreams.
For those who want to lose cellulites, love handles, back rolls, excess wrinkles, and other stubborn problem areas without having to go under the knife, then you may want to consider getting the fat-melting treatment from professional cavitation equipment.
It is pain-free, non-surgical, and within your budget. It is super trendy at the moment and if you haven’t heard of it, read further so you don’t miss out!
What Is Cavitation Equipment?
A cavitation equipment is a lipo device used to burn fat around problem areas like the face, stomach, thighs, waist, upper and lower arms, and more in a safe, pain-free, and non-invasive way.
It produces the cavitation effect wherein fat cells are collapsed, liquefied, and spilled into the space between cells and dislodged from the dermal layers.
This fat is eliminated by our bodies as natural waste.
What Benefits Your Clients Can Get From Cavitation Machines?
Cavitation machines are perfect for clients who do not want to go under the knife but are keen to lose weight, have a toned and sculpted body, and get tight, wrinkle-free skin. The procedure is non-surgical and causes less pain, and the results are immediate.
Types Of Cavitation Systems
There are many types of cavitation systems, the most commons being:
- Ultrasonic cavitation machine – uses a 2-7.5 MHz vibration pulse that heats the focus area to reduce fat
- Radio Frequency (RF) – emits 3-24 GHz radio frequencies to tighten the skin, regenerate collagen, and reduce wrinkles and cellulite. Types of RF cavitation devices include Bipolar RF, Tripolar RF, and Hexapolar RF.
- Infrared (IR) Light – uses infrared light that penetrates and heats the skin to increase blood circulation and help the body recover quickly
- Electronic Muscle Stimulator – produces low-frequency electrical impulses to contract the muscles, giving the body a work-out effect.
How Do Cavitation Machines Work?
The cavitation machine is an amazing breakthrough in fat loss technology.
- It emits ultrasound waves at 40 kHz or 5 MHz frequency that are sent deep into the layers of your skin.
- This causes a disruptive vibration where tiny air bubbles or cavities between the cells are created.
- Pressure is created that ultimately breaks the fat cells down.
- These fat cells are absorbed by your lymphatic system and liver and flushed out of your body as waste.
Cavitation machines are the latest trend in weight loss for most salons and spas. The treatments that can be done using them are needle-free and quick in duration.
What Is Cavitation Treatment?
A cavitation treatment is a simple procedure where a client lies on a surgical bed and lets the specialist massage the client’s trouble areas (e.g., belly, back, arms) using the cavitation device for around 10-20 minutes.
The results of the treatment depends on the type of cavitation machine used, intensity levels, and the heat applied.
Who Needs Cavitation Treatment?
Any healthy individual who wants to eliminate stubborn fat and bulges can avail of cavitation treatment.
However, there are contraindications. People with conditions listed below are not eligible for the treatment:
- Under 18
- Pregnant or lactating
- Autoimmune diseases
- Varicose veins
- Hemorrhagic disease or vascular rupture
- Heart complications
- Cancer in all forms and stages
- Blood disorders
- Kidney and liver disease
- High blood pressure
- Inflammation of the veins, phlebitis
- Taking anticoagulants, anti-inflammatories, or antibiotics
- Long-term steroid use
- Bleeding from ulcer
- Skin rashes
- Transmissible diseases
- Wearing intrauterine device (IUD)
- With metallic implants like pacemakers, pins, prostheses
Does Cavitation Really Work?
Yes, cavitation really does work. Slimming and toning are very fast with cavitation, with the procedure only lasting 15 to 40 minutes. Results can be observed only after 4 treatments.
Clients undergoing cavitation treatments will see quick results in:
- reduction of fat in targeted areas
- body contouring
- skin rejuvenation
- reduction of cellulites and sagginess
How Often to Get Cavitation Treatment?
Treatments vary depending on the body type and the client’s goals. Usually, it is recommended to get anywhere between 8 and 12 sessions spaced out every 3 to 4 days for best results.
What Are The Side Effects Of Cavitation? Does it hurt?
There are no known side effects of cavitation other than a gentle, warming sensation and some redness or bruising.
You will also not experience any pain or discomfort during and after the procedure. No anaesthesia, no cuts, and no scars.
How Many Cavitation Treatments are Needed?
You may need 6 to 12 more sessions to achieve your desired results. This will depend largely on your body type.
How Long Does It Take To See Results From Cavitation?
Although results are visible immediately after the first treatment, most clients will start to see drastic changes after three sessions.
What Is the After-Care for Cavitation?
Here are things you should do after a cavitation treatment:
- Drink 1.5-2L of water to stay hydrated and speed up digestion.
- Eat light meals at regular intervals.
- Don’t eat heavy food 1.5 hours before or after the procedure.
- Do light physical exercises throughout the day.
- Have a beauty therapist give you a lymphatic massage after every procedure to stimulate lymphatic drainage.
How Long Do Cavitation Results Last?
Typically, the results last long. However, you have to have a balanced diet and regular exercise to maintain the results and not gain the fat back.
Can You Have Cavitation After Botox?
A cavitation treatment pairs well with other treatments. It is safe to have even after having previous treatments like botox or fillers.
Cavitation has several benefits:
- Shapes, sculpts, and tones the body
- Helps lose weight
- Stubborn fat removal
- Improved blood circulation
- Skin elasticity and tightness
- Elimination of toxins
- Reduction of cellulites
Cavitation Recovery Time
There is little to no downtime. You can immediately resume to your normal activities after treatment.
Cavitation Pros and ConsPros:
- no needles
- no anaesthesia
- no cuts and scars
- little to no downtime
- clinically proven results
- immediate results
- cannot determine the exact amount of fat loss
- lesser fat removal versus liposuction
- not recommended for people wanting to lose more than 100 pounds
- may require complementary weight loss methods
Cavitation Treatment Before & After
A lot of before and after photos of men and women undergoing cavitation treatment show improved results after their first to third treatment.
Before the procedure, make sure to follow instructions from your provider and disclose all your medications to detect possible contraindications. Avoid alcohol and drink plenty of water.
Cavitation Cost in the US
Cavitation costs vary depending on the targeted area and the number of sessions. It is generally less expensive than traditional cosmetic surgeries like liposuction.
Average amount is $100-$350 per session. It is not covered by insurance.
How Long Is Cavitation Treatment?
A cavitation treatment session takes about 15 to 40 minutes per session. Depending on how much fat you can lose, you can have as many as 12 sessions that are done in intervals for a few weeks.
What To Expect After Cavitation Treatment?
Right after the treatment, expect to have some redness, minor bruising, or light headache. However, you will be fine and able to drive home.
The speed of results depends on your health status, body, and the kind of treatment you got. It also takes some time for dissolved fat cells to be completely expelled from your body via natural excretion. For most, changes can be observed within 6 to 12 weeks.
What Are The Other Names Of Cavitation?
Ultrasonic cavitation is known for many names including ultrasound cavitation, ultra cavitation, UltraShape, Liponix, body sculpting, and body contouring.
Cavitation is one among many non-invasive fat loss treatments. They are all performed by certified specialists and doctors. The following are some of the common cavitation alternatives.
Cavitation Vs RF Slimming
Cavitation machines stimulates the removal of fat deposits; Radiofrequency (RF) slimming stimulates the production of collagen to make your skin tighter and firmer.
Cavitation Vs Cryo Slimming
While cavitation machines burst fat cells, cryo slimming or cryolipsis causes the natural death of fat cells. This happens when a technician applies below 0 Celsius treatment on the trouble area that starts a chain of apoptosis reactions – in short, it kills these fat cells.
Cavitation Vs Vacuum Therapy
Cavitation uses low-level ultrasonic waves to remove body fat in targeted areas; vacuum therapy uses a mechanical device with suction cups to deeply massage and lift your skin. The latter can also be done over the entire body.
Cavitation Vs Pressotherapy
In a cavitation procedure, the technician uses an ultrasonic device. In pressotherapy, the technician covers the problem areas of the client with special cuff chambers where air is applied in alternating pressure to induce lymph movement and deep detoxification.
Performing Cavitation Treatment
It is important to do your research prior to undergoing cavitation treatment so you can rest assured that the procedure is done by a certified practitioner and that the clinic itself is credible and trustworthy.
Who Can Perform Cavitation Treatment
Only certain individuals can perform cavitation treatment including:
- Board-certified doctors and surgeons
- Medical aesthetician
- Physician assistants under the guidance of a physician
- Registered nurse
- Master aesthetician
Note that they should be trained and licensed to use a cavitation machine.
How To Use A Cavitation Machine?
Each cavitation machine comes with a manual on how to operate it. Although there may be slight variations, a technician generally follows the same steps:
- Each session should not exceed more than 40 minutes.
- Each person should only be exposed to cavitation no more than 60 minutes per week.
- Apply an appropriate amount of ultrasound conducive gel on the skin.
- Use minimum working parameters on the cavitation machine at the start.
- Handpiece should be moved in constant, circular motions and with moderate pressure on the target area and avoid directing it at bones and body cavities.
How To Perform Cavitation?
- Client should fill up the Ultrasound Cavitation consent form prior to the procedure.
- Position the client horizontally.
- Clean the target area.
- Take a before photo to compare and see results.
- Apply the gel on the target area and reapply as needed. Gel thickness should be about 3-5mm.
- Select proper mode and intensity on the cavitation machine according to body specifications.
- There will be a buzzing noise called “cricket effect” as the device works its way on the body, so make sure to explain and assure the clients that is completely natural and not something to worry about.
Cavitation Treatment Protocol
There are some treatment protocols for cavitation procedures:
- No direct pressure on bones, joints, and body cavities
- Keep applying gel as the cavitation machine needs it to function well
- No drinking of alcohol 48 hours before the procedure.
- Disclose all medications and potential contraindications.
- Sign the consent form.
Cavitation Treatment Steps
Using the probes on the cavitation machine can get tricky if you don’t have a detailed instruction manual — even for licensed practitioners. Make sure that the manual is always at the specialist’s disposal prior to starting the treatment.
How Long To Wait Between Cavitation Treatments?
There should be at least 72 hours in between sessions to allow the skin to rest and to keep minimal exposure to ultrasonic waves.
You also have to give your body time to naturally eliminate all the liquefied fat cells.
Cavitation Treatment Areas
Ultrasonic cavitation treatment is usually performed on problem areas where plain diet and exercise have the least effect on:
Cavitation Treatment For Fat and Cellulite Reduction
- Sagging skin
- Wrinkles and lines
- Love handles
- Upper arms
- Lower back
The fat is emulsified by the ultrasonic waves causing the fat cell membranes to rupture. This makes it easy for the body to eliminate this fat content through sweating, urinating, and liver circulation.Cavitation Treatment Skin Improvement
The ultrasonic waves penetrate deep into the skin and targets the cellulite where it produces heat friction and cavitation effect. This promotes collagen realignment which will tighten the skin, make it more elastic, and remove wrinkles.Cavitation Treatment For Fat Melting
Those stubborn fat pockets that will not release will be effectively broken open and melted by the ultrasonic waves which will then be expelled by the body 48-72 hours after the procedure.Cavitation Treatment For Body Sculpting
Because the cavitation treatment locally reduces fat in targeted areas or areas where there is unwanted volumes of fat, it also contours and shape different areas of the body, giving it a sculpted result.Cavitation Treatment For Boosting Overall Condition of the Body
The cavitation technology selectively targets fat cells while leaving the blood vessels, nerves, and surrounding tissue unharmed. It has made it possible for people to have improved skin and get the bodies that they want without incisions and at a lesser price.
Cavitation Machine Maintenance
To maintain a cavitation machine, be careful not to put any liquid onto it or inside it. It must be assembled and disassembled only by professional personnel. After each operation, make sure to wash and sterilize spare parts. Keep it away from children and people who are pregnant or suffering from cardiac illnesses.
Cavitation Consumables and Expenses
Prior and after a cavitation treatment, you will be asked by your physician to eat a balanced diet and limit your food consumption to get optimal results.
You will be told to avoid excess carbs and fatty foods, caffeine, and alcohol for at least 48 hours before and post treatment. The expenses are pretty straightforward — any credible clinic offering cavitation treatments will not give you hidden charges.
As mentioned earlier, only trained and certified specialists are allowed to operate a cavitation machine.
That said, anyone can take a cavitation training course. These certification courses usually include the following:
- Education on cavitation, radio frequency, and other non-surgical weight loss technologies
- Training on proper client interaction
- Starter kits
- Mobile bed
- Consent forms
- Training on how to operate cavitation machines
- Certificate and license
Cavitation Consent Form
It is crucial that a client understands the pre- and post-treatment instructions, symptoms, and potential side effects of the whole procedure before undergoing the cavitation treatment — all of which are stipulated in the consent form.
This understanding is legitimized when the client signs it. A signed consent form also means the patient is made aware of the risks, and has been given the proper expectations as well as the right to deny or accept the treatment.
Benefits Of Cavitation Machine For Your Spa Business
If you have a spa business and are looking to increase your revenue, investing in a cavitation machine might be a good idea.
Below are the benefits:
- Quick process. The cavitation procedure has a minimal treatment time, as fast as 15 minutes per session.
- Highly profitable. Because non-surgical weight loss treatments are very trending right now, it is guaranteed that you will not run out of patients that are keen on trying this new technology. More clients yield to higher annual net profits.
- Fast return on investment. Cavitation treatments are competitive in pricing compared to traditional weight loss operations — it is more affordable and pragmatic for clients who cannot afford to have a long downtime after the treatment.
- Practice support. Companies who sell cavitation machines typically provide business development support and assistance to the businesses that purchase from them.
Treatments You Can Perform With Cavitation Machine
Licensed specialists can perform multiple treatments with cavitation machines including:
- Laser Lipolisis
- Vacuum bipolar head for lymphatic drainage
- Tripolar RF
- Fourpolar RF
- Sixpolar RF
- Body scultping
- Face and neck lift
- Wrinkle reduction
- Fat reduction
- Cellulite treatment
- Skin reconstruction
Instagram Hashtags for Cavitation Procedure
Here is a list of hashtags you can use to promote your cavitation procedure business on Instagram and other social media platforms:
#cavitation #bodycontouring #bodysculpting #weightloss #radiofrequency
Combine Cavitation with Other Technologies
Cavitation procedure can be combined with other technologies to achieve stable results following the cavitation sessions. These technologies make the fat absorption of the lymphatic system faster:
- EMS Muscle Toning
- Manual lymphatic drainage massage
- Vacuum lymphatic drainage massage
- Pressotherapy / Compression therapy
Cavitation With Vacuum Therapy
Combining cavitation with vacuum therapy significantly increases direct access of the ultrasonic waves to deeper fat cells. This results in the production of heat that brings fat cells to fast-active state, stimulating the local blood flow and tightening loose skin.
The vacuum suction helps in the melting of fat cells and the excretion of excess fat and toxins from the body.
Cavitation With Pressotherapy
Pressotherapy and cavitation combined ensures that there is effective lymphatic drainage to enhance the natural detoxification process in the body.
This is achieved via a direct lymphatic massage to problem areas to reduce. Cellulite and improve the flow of healthy nutrients, making you skin shine through and be blemish-free.
Best Cavitation Machines
Here are some of the best cavitation machines in the market.
Zemits Abigon Pro Ultimate Body Remodeling
The Zemits Abigon Pro Ultimate Body Remodeling is a popular cavitation machine among spa business owners. It has an advanced body contouring technology with features such as True Ultracavitation for fat removal, Smooth PRO-Bipolar RF for tightening skin and removal of stretch marks, and Smoth circular Tri-Polar RF for lifting skin.
It takes approximately over two months for you to get your return on investment when you purchase this cavitation machine. It also comes with free one-to-one training with their licensed aestheticians, a 24-month warranty, and lifetime client support.
Zemits Bionexis Lite Slimming
The Zemits Bionexis Lite Slimming is a vacuum roller massage and ultrasonic cavitation device rolled into a single machine. It has the same features with Abigon Pro but with simpler, intelligent controls as well as a stylish small body. Bionexis Lite combines different technologies such as RadioFrequency, Infrared (IR) Light, Cavitation, LED Light Therapy, and Vacuum Deep Tissue massage.
As with the Zemits Abigon Pro cavitation machine, Bionexis takes approximately over two months for you to get your return on investment when you purchase this cavitation machine. It also comes with free one-to-one training with their licensed aestheticians, a 24-month warranty, and lifetime client support.
Ultrasonic cavitation treatments are the new thing, and this article highlights all the benefits in investing in this technology — whether you are a client looking to undergo the procedure, or a spa busines owner wanting to expand practice and try a profitable business opportunity.